Summer Camp Packing List
Ponderosa Summer Camp - What to Bring - Packing List
• Bible, notebook & pen/pencil
• Sleeping bag or sheets for a twin mattress. A twin size fitted sheet is recommended for added comfort to cover your vinyl mattress even if you use a sleeping bag and Pillow.
• Towels for pool and shower-3 or more recommended. (be sure to label them with permanent marker or embroidery)
• Toiletries, toothbrush, toothpaste, shampoo, soap, deodorant
• Hair dryer, curlers, etc. (optional)
• Long pants and tennis shoes for horseback riding
• Disposable camera with your name in permanent marker (if you choose to bring a digital camera, Ponderosa cannot be responsible for damage, lost or stolen property)
• Casual, modest clothing and swimsuits: See Dress Code
• At least two pairs of shoes. Be prepared that flip flops break easily on our rugged terrain.
• Optional Items: fishing gear, flashlight, rain coat, bug spray, sunscreen
Dress Code Purpose
It is our desire that Ponderosa Bible Camp be a place where our campers are not distracted from what God has in store for them during their stay at camp, a place where they can focus their eyes and their hearts on their relationship with Jesus,
a place where they are not "tempted" by the flesh.
Therefore campers are required to adhere to the "Camp Dress Code" as follows, be sure to remember "Modesty is our Policy."
Ponderosa Dress Code
• All shorts must be below fingertips when standing. Longer “Bike Shorts” can be worn under athletic shorts to help
meet length requirements. Walmart & Academy Sports sell them for under $10.
• Skirts must be No shorter than 1 inch above the knee
• We have a No visible waistline (front or back) policy
• We have a No visible cleavage policy
• We have a No visible bra straps policy (please bring a strapless bra for tops with thin straps)
• We have a No visible underwear policy
• If you are wearing leggings or yoga pants: an oversized shirt is best - your shirt must cover your read end.
• If you are wearing an oversized shirt with shorts: your shorts must come several inches below the longest part of your shirt.
• No strapless shirts/tops
• Girls: No swimsuits that reveal your waist or cleavage. No solid-white swimsuit pieces (they are see-through when wet). V-neck swimsuits tend to show too much cleavage for older girls. Strapless swim tops are acceptable - just be careful when diving!
• Girls: Tank tops are acceptable as long as no cleavage or bra parts or straps are showing. Tank tops that open low under the arm and show your bra (even sports bras) are not acceptable.
• Girls: spaghetti strap tops are acceptable as long as no cleavage shows when you bend over. (A tube top or a t-shirt could be worn underneath to cover cleavage. Try and see which works for you!)
• Girls: Halter tops and racer-back tops are acceptable if they are high enough on the neck to cover cleavage and as long as the back of the top does not expose any skin below the natural bra line.
• Guys: Tank Tops are not allowed to be worn in the dining hall or the chapel.
What NOT to bring
Do not bring Cell Phones or any Electronics (eReaders, Kindle, iPad, iPod, Nook, Music Players, etc.), Knives:
(If a camper is found with a cell phone or any of these electronics it will be taken up and held until the end of the week). Repeat offenders from previous camp sessions will be sent home.
Campers will be sent home if they bring any of the following:
Tobacco, alcohol, illegal drugs, weapons, or a foul mouth